This course will teach you the basics of entrepreneurship. You’ll consider if entrepreneurship is right for you and learn the basic steps of creating your own business. At the end of the course, you’ll have a solid foundation to start your entrepreneurial journey.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the traits of an entrepreneur and assess your own entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Outline and evaluate a business idea.
- Develop a product idea.
- Identify your target market and customers.
- Develop your value proposition.
- Understand different types of business ownership and structures.
- Evaluate franchising and business purchasing opportunities.
- Create a pitch deck, executive summary, company presentation, technical white paper, and business plan.
- Create financial projections for your business.
- Identify where to find business funding.
- Create a product development plan, marketing plan, and sales strategy.
- Identify ways to protect your intellectual property.
- Describe effective ways to brand your product.
- Choose the right location for your business.
- Launch and grow your business.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of an entrepreneurial leader.
- Find appropriate resources to help you on your journey.